Tuesday, August 31, 2010

To My Students, 8/19

This morning as I was practicing Mysore (Ashtanga Yoga) as always I bring awareness (some days easier than others) to my breath, my feet, my alignment, my thoughts & feeling/connecting to the energy in the room. Today something felt different, so I let go and connected to my breath and allowed my practice to flow as it may.

I have been experiencing the same pain from my heel spur that I do my best to include throughout my practice, honoring what I can do and can not. Today I looked at it differently and this is how it went.....

I feel pain, I know its pain but what kind of pain is it? My teacher offered Patanjali's Yoga Sutra 2.16 (http://www.yogawithamey.com/futuresuffering.html), "Future Suffering can and should be avoided". I have heard this before, yet not in the same way. If we make space for offerings, much can shift in a moment.

Yoga gives us Love & Support for our spirtual, physical, mental, emotional and energetic bodies. It gives us permission to witness, brings awareness and lets up come back to our natural spirits, you know the one that you "feel" in your hearts.

I invite you to come to class as you are, you are enough! I am blessed to be practicing with you as the journeys we take affect all we surround.

No comments:

Post a Comment